Monday 4 January 2016

Guilded Lily Wooden Match Box - Featuring Fernli Designs Products

 
 
Hello friends, and happy Tuesday!  Its hard to believe another year has come and gone, and as January is now upon us, I get in the organizational mood, and look at things in my crafty stash to see how I can make them into little gems that can have a dual purpose of looking great in my space, and also storing some crafty goodies inside.
 
 
Today I have this cute little wooden matchbox from Fernli Designs. I love these little boxes, and believe it or not, they store more than you think they might!  This one is going to wing its way to a dear friend in the USA, and it will hold a few little surprises inside for her to use.
 
 

 
The box is made from MDF wood, and was super easy to put together, here is a shot of how the box looks in its original form. I put it together with some Beacon's 3-in-1 glue. I then painted the box with some Martha Stewart paint in a sky blue colour and then it was time to add the paper.
 
 
I covered the box with some of the gorgeous Graphic 45 paper called The Gilded Lily. I used Mod Podge to put on the paper on the box and once that was dry it was time to embellish.
 
 I also used a little heart and treble clef from Fernli Designs, which I got in a Grab Box from them. Fernli has these boxes a lot on their site, and to me they are value for money as you get so much in your box for a mere 10 Pounds UK!
 
 
 
I painted and papered the inside of the drawer as well, and sanded the edges of the drawer so it would open and close smoothly. I also wanted it to have a slightly distressed look to it, and this achieved it.
 
 
I added lace to the sides of the box and some flowers and for the metal embellishments I heat embossed them to also give them a worn and distressed look.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, and you can check out all the great items at Fernli Designs by clicking the links below!
 
 
Other Items Used
Graphic 45 Gilded Lily Paper and Metal Number Plate
Martha Stewart Paint
Butterbeescraps Metal Corners (for the feet and top of box), Drawer Pull
Wow! Embossing Powder
Lace From My Stash
Mod Podge Hard Coat
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment