Tuesday 8 March 2016

Art Journaling with Rebecca Baer Stencils!

 
 
Hello friends! Today  I would like to share a fun art journal page I created featuring the amazing stencils from Rebecca Baer. 
 

I started out with my blank page in my large size Dylusions art journal.  I love this particular stencil I am using, its the Mosaic Medium stencil from Rebecca's Store because it has so many gorgeous shapes and designs to it. It was perfect for what I wanted to do.
 

 
I took out my Dylusions paint and a trusty baby wipe and created a pattern on the page randomly with several of the colours. Then it was time to use the black paint and the stencil. I moved the stencil across the page to give a cohesive look to the pattern.
 
 
Once I was finished with the black paint, I used a small stencil from my stash with a chicken wire pattern on it and some script in white paint.  Once that was finished I set it aside to dry and got out my lovely Prima Bloom Girl stamp  I used Momento black ink to stamp her and then coloured her in with my Spectrum Noir markers and added some Wink of Stella to her lips and a few of the butterflies to make them sparkle! 
 

 
Once I had completed the colouring, I fussy cut her out and used multi medium matte to glue her down to the page.  Then it was time to do some doodling with my white sharpie paint pen. I wrote a poem around the image, and I love how the white stands out against the bright bold colours of the background.
 
 
I am very pleased with the results and as you can see it didn't take much at all to achieve a very dramatic effect in the background using only one stencil. The trick is to use a stencil with a bold pattern against some bright colours.
 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, and don't forget to check out Rebecca's Store, or join us on Facebook in our Stencil Love group, we would love to see you!
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 
Other Items Used
Dylusions Art Journal
Dylusions Paint
Prima Bloom Girl Stamp
Spectrum Noir Markers
Wink Of Stella Glitter Pens
White Sharpie Paint Pen
Multi Medium Matte
Momento Black Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment