Thursday 10 March 2016

Home Decor Fun with The Crafters' Palette DT Project

Good morning Crafters' Palette fans! I am here to day to share my next Design Team project with you.
This month our team was challenged to create a home décor piece. I chose to do a frame for my bedroom.  I love the soft colours of this piece and have used lots of goodies from The Crafters' Palette store!
 
 
I started my home décor project with a frame I have had for a while. I purchased it at a local craft store. However, The Crafters' Palette has a huge selection of alterable items in their shop, so I am sure you can find something for your home with their huge selection!
 

 
I first used gesso on the frame, then took some of my favorite paper from Kaisercraft and ripped the paper in different sizes and shapes. I adhered it onto the frame with some multi medium matte. The above photo shows the frame at this stage.
 
Once the glue was dry, I got out my stencils and some texture paste. I used a script one from my stash and a fun chicken wire one from Dutchdoobado.  I used my heat gun to speed up the drying process for then then I used a trio of colours from the Distress Spray Stains line.  I sprayed and splattered the colours on the frame as I really wanted it to look old and weathered.
 
 
 The frame came with a cardboard insert, so I used more of the Basecoat paper and covered it over to fit in the centre of the frame.
 

Next, it was time to embellish. My first stop was some of the gorgeous white paper flowers from the Crafters' Palette Store. I love these flowers, they look great white, but also you can spray colour them or even tea dye them. They take colour very well.   I stacked them up and added a pearl from my stash to each of the centres.
 

 
I also used some wood from my stash, but again you can find some amazing wood and even tin embellishments in the store, so do have a peek, you will be amazed at all the embellishments they have!
 

I glued down my embellishments, and added a bit of white paint to the wood pieces to tie it all together. The finishing touches were some resin butterflies from my stash and a nice loopy jute bow at the bottom. Some white trim, again from my stash was glued around the frames edge.
 

I hope you enjoy my project today, I had a lot of fun making it!
Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget to check out The Crafters' Palette Store for lots of new
and exciting crafty items!
 
Crafters' Palette Items Used
 


No comments:

Post a Comment