Friday 11 March 2016

Magical Metallics - A Crafters' Palette DT Project

Good morning  Crafters' Palette fans! Kim here today and I have a fun share for you featuring lots of goodies from the  Crafters' Palette Store.
 
This month our team was challenged to create something in the theme of metallic. I love this challenge, as I am a huge metallic fan. So lets get started!
 
 
I took this challenge and decided to do up a mixed media wooden artist (or Crafters!) palette with lots of left over bits and bobs from my stash.  I have a photo below of some of the bits I used. I am also using some gorgeous Distress sprays and Paints for this project, but more on them in a wee bit!


 
 Next, it was time to start gluing on my bits and pieces with some silicone glue.  I used lots of pieces up from my stash, but  Crafters' Palette has a wide range of wood and metal embellishments you can use on your project. Once everything is glued down, its time to get out the Gesso and paint everything white, and by everything, I mean everything!  Fill in all the spaces in between the bits and bobs and make sure it is all covered, this will give your sprays and paints a good surface to cling to, and you will get a truer colour showing from the white background.
 
 
 
 
Now its time for those sprays and paints I mentioned earlier!  Choose what ever colours you wish, Crafters' Palette has a huge range of sprays in gorgeous metallic colours. I used Tarnished Brass, antiqued bronze and brushed pewter in the sprays and used the metallic pearl copper and silver in the paints. I didn't use the sprays in the traditional way of spraying them on, but rather gave them a good shake and used a paint brush to brush the sprays on. I also used some of the White Paper Flowers from Crafters' Palette and gave them the same treatment with the sprays and paints. I added some pearls from my stash for flower centers.
 
 

 
I started at the top and used a combination of sprays and paints, giving a copper/brass look to the top of the palette, and at the bottom started off with the darkest silver and worked lighter as I went so the middle of the palette would be a creamy pearly white tone.  It gave the whole piece like an ombre effect. I went over the whole piece with the Ranger metallic pearl paint and it really gave it a lovely metallic sheen.
 
 

 
 
Once the sprays and paints were dry, I used some of my Mica Fragments to add that final touch of glitter and metallic shine I was looking for.
Some more metal beads, a sentiment  and some copper wire from my hubby were the finishing touches!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and don't forget to check out all the fun goodies in The Crafters' Palette Store and keep up to date with the Designers as well on the Blog.
 


Crafters' Palette Items Used

No comments:

Post a Comment