Wednesday 13 April 2016

Butterfly Queen Dressform A Crafters' Palette & Shabby is Chic Boutique DT Project

Good morning friends! I am super excited to share with you my project today. I have created a "Butterfly Queen" dress form. This Project features items from The Crafters' Palette Store. and from Shabby is Chic Boutique
 
 
This month for the Crafters Palette we were challenged to make a mono chromatic project, and I love black and white so this was a labor of love for me. It was a good time to get out my items from Shabby Is Chic Boutique to use as well.
 
 I had so much fun with this project, I am thrilled with how it turned out. In the photo below on the left you can see how the dress form from SCB started out, it was plain white, and I used one of the gorgeous napkins, also from SCB I had , and used some Multi Matte Medium it on top of it to glue it down.
 

 After the mod podge had dried, I got out a couple of different types of tulle, a plain white one and one from Crafters' Palette and one from my stash with some pretty white daisies on it. I used my needle and thread and did a running stitch to gather the layers of tulle around the dress form. I also added the flatback hearts to random flower centers as well, which were from SCB. I then used some of the gorgeous Black Venise Trim from SCB for contrast, and lastly, I added a lovely Seam Binding bow to finish it off.
 
 
For the wings I used a wooden butterfly I had given to me in a RAK from a friend in Australia. I have been looking for the perfect piece to use this on, and this was it! I used black paint on the first layer then some Frantage aged bronze embossing powder on top. Finally, I gave it a coat of Gilders Wax, which gave the wings a lovely shimmery coat. The final touch is a cameo from my stash which I framed in the tiny rhinestone trim from my SCB.
 
 
For the crown, I used a metal corner from my stash and using glossy accents added some of the same rhinestone trim from SCB and framed the metal piece to create the mini crown.
 
 
I placed the crown at the top of the dress form, I love how it came out! I also added a key from the key set from Shabby Is Chic Boutique, and then added rhinestones to it as well.
 

 I just adore dress forms and this was so much fun to make!
Thanks for stopping by today, and don't forget to check out The Crafters' Palette Store and blog, and also the amazing items in the Shabby Is Chic Boutique Store!

 
Crafters' Palette Products Used
 
Black Venise Trim
Silver Key
Small Flat Back Hearts
Dress Form
Butterfly Napkin
Rhinestone Trim
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment