Sunday 17 April 2016

Mixed Media Canvas "Authentic" A Fernli Designs GDT Project

Good morning Fernli Designs fans! I have my new project to share with you this week, it is my final Guest Design Team project for Fernli Designs. I have had so much fun this month creating some fun projects, so lets get started!
 
 
I used a 5 x 8 inch Gesso board for this piece. I love using gesso board it is a nice hard surface that takes a lot of mixed media products and stands up well. I started this piece with some embossing paste by Wendy Vecchi, and did a sort of free style on the board with it, creating waves and patterns.
 
 
After the paste had dried, I got out some of my favorite colours of Lindy's sprays and added them to the canvas. I set the board aside to work on the embellishments next.

 
I used a good selection of Fernli Pieces for this canvas, and started off with one of the pieces from the Circle Layers and laid the Celtic Style Flower on top. I dry brushed the wooden pieces with a light blue paint, and then used a white pearl paint, again dry brushed on top of that.   I topped it all off with a few metal embellishments from my stash and added some linen twine to the sentiment to make it look tied to the board.
 
 
 
I used the Wings type 2 with the same dry brush technique, but this time also added some of the moss green spray to the wings as well. I then used some glossy accents and silver micro beads on top to give texture to the wings.  I used a resin cherub head and gave her a funky metal mask for some whimsy.
 
 
The Flourishes 2 piece was added to the bottom of the wings and head, and I added a metal piece and small charm on top of it for interest.
 
 
 

 
 I added a metal crown to the top of the piece and added some tiny Fernli corners to the edges for a finishing touch.
 
 
 
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, and will give some inspiration to you to try mixed media!
 
Please don't forget to check out the Fernli Designs Store and keep up to date with the rest of the Fernli Team on their Blog.
 
Fernli has also been very gracious and has offered a Discount Code for the month of April to me.
 
  KSF10OFF - this will give 10% off all orders over £25 (not including shipping) You can use this from April 1st to April 30th
 
 
Fernli Corners

**Please note credit to this source for inspiration of this project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew7Z2JTlcXU ***

No comments:

Post a Comment