Friday 29 April 2016

Wonky Wood Houses A Joggles DT Project

 
Hello Joggles fans! I am so very excited to share with you my very first design team project for Joggles!  This month I was asked for my take on some of the famous Wonky Wood Houses from Joggles.
 
 
I love these wonky houses, they come in many different shapes and sizes and are open to interpretation to each artist.  Here is a list of all the things you will need to make houses like mine.
 
Joggles Products Used:
Wonky Wood Houses
Silks Acrylic Glaze Iridescent Blue
Silks Acrylic Glaze Guatemalan Green
Mod Podge Matte
Joggles Stencils - Branches [30-33714]
Dina Wakley Media White Gesso - 4oz Jar
Inkssentials Glossy Accents 2 fl. oz.
Stampendous Crushed Glass Glitter - Oceanic
Tim Holtz® Distress Spray Stains - Evergreen Bough
 
 
To start off your houses, I prepped them with gesso, and then when that was dry I added some fun scrapbook paper from my stash, in some colours I liked and used Mod Podge to adhere them.
 
 
Once the mod podge was dry, I got out my Branches Stencil from Joggles and some texture paste and added some pretty stencil images to my houses in a few different areas.
 
 
Next, I got out some Silks acrylic glazes in Guatemalan Green and painted the sides of the houses.  Joggles has a huge selection of Silks, they are my some of my favorite items to use on my mixed media projects!

 
Once everything was dry, I got out my Evergreen bough Distress Spray Stain and gave some random shots of spray on top of the houses. This is where the texture paste comes in handy, as the spray collects in the crevices drips down the houses for a fun and shabby look. Use your own creative eye to see where you want to add the sprays to your piece.

 
I wanted to give the image of a roof on top of the houses, so I got out some my paper clay from my stash and used some molds I have to create the pieces for the roof and the little medallion at the top.  I also painted the medallion in some silks acrylic glaze, in the same colour as the sides of the houses, and gave the longer pieces a coat of the Iridescent Blue. This gave the clay a lovely shimmer.

 
I glued the clay pieces down with hot glue and added some pretty flowers, metal embellishments and some word sentiments, which I glued down with Glossy Accents. I also used glossy accents to glue down some Glass Glitter to some areas of the houses to give them some sparkle. Where you place your embellishments is again up to you, see what looks good and what doesn't, its good to play around with things before you commit and glue them down.

 
You can see above the finished pieces. You can decorate your wonky wood houses anyway you like. That is the beauty of these, they can transform into anything. I plan on making more of these little houses in the near future. I hope you will make some and share your wonky wood houses with me!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and don't forget to check out the Joggles Store for lots of fun products for all your scrapbooking, mixed media and artistic needs.
 
Other Items Used:
Paper Clay and Molds
Petaloo Flowers
Tim Holtz Number Plates
Prima Number Plates
Prima Mechanical Numbers
Tim Holtz  Metal Numbers
Wood Sentiments & Twine From my Stash
Ken Oliver Paper
Texture Paste


No comments:

Post a Comment