Saturday, 21 May 2016

Vintage Altered Box a Shabby Is Chic Boutique DT Project

Good morning friends, Kim here today to share with you my next DT project for Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook.
This time I have altered a wooden box for a gift for a friend.

I painted this box with a coat of gesso, then gave it an application of my crackle medium, then another coat of paint. I set it aside to dry and once it was I got out some of the gorgeous napkins from the SCB Store.


I placed the napkins on top of the crackle and when it dries it gives a lovely image, and it appears as though the box has been painted in the beautiful napkin images. I tore up a few interesting pieces from various napkins and added them to the top and side of the box as well.

I used mod podge to adhere to napkins on the box, and once it was dry it was time to get out some gorgeous SCB laces and trims!

I added some of the new mesh doilies and shabby rose buttons to one side of the box for interest. I also cut apart the butterfly lace trim and added one butterfly to each corner of the box, embellishing them with pieces of the pearl and rhinestone trim.

Lastly, I added one of the pearl and rhinestone bling pieces to the front of the box. I also used the mini silver spoon from SCB, which I filled with pink micro beads, and some flowers to finish off the top of the box.

For the inside of the box I painted the mirror white and decorated it with the mini pink floral trim. The bottom of the box I painted a shabby pink colour, and filled  it with some laces and goodies I am sending to my friend.

I hope you have enjoyed my project today and will pop over to the Shabby is Chic Boutique Store today to stock up on some gorgeous items for your craft room!

Pink Tulle Trim
Heart Lace Trim
Butterfly Lace Trim
Pearl and Rhinestone Bling
Pearl and Rhinestone Trim
Pink Daisy Trim
Butterfly and Black and White Napkins
Silver Spoon Charm
Shabby Rose Button
Mesh Doily

Other Items Used
Martha Stewart Paint
Crack It! Crackle Medium
Vintage Girl Napkin
Pink Rosette
Micro Beads
Petaloo Flowers
Wild Orchid Craft Flowers
Vintage Millenary Flowers
Wooden Jewel Box

Friday, 20 May 2016

Art Journal Cover Featuring Stencils by Joggles DT Project


Hello Joggles fans! I am so very excited to share with you my next design team project for Joggles! This time I have altered the cover of my art journal and used one of my favorite stencils from Joggles.
Here is a list of products you will need for this project.
Joggles Products Used
Other Items Used
Art Script Stamp
Resin Frame & Key from My Stash
Prima Resin Pieces
Petaloo Flowers
Turquoise Butterfly, Chipboard Number, Copper & Teal Micro Beads From my Stash
White Thread
Martha Stewart Paint - Beach Glass
To start off your journal cover, I gave it a coat of gesso. Once that was dry I gave it a coat of aqua coloured acrylic paint. I also gave my embellishments a similar treatment and set them aside to dry.
Next it was time to start the layering process. I took some of the Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap and ripped pieces up and laid it down on the top of the journal, I used Mod Podge to adhere it down. Then using the Secret Garden Stencil and some texture paste I laid the stencil down and kept rotating it to give a different look to the pattern all around the journal. I love the effect it gave. Texture paste is such a great way to add dimension to your projects.
Now it was time to get out the Distress Spray Stains, and again, you can use what ever colours you like, Joggles has such a great range of them in their store, you will be spoiled for choice! 
I let the colours run down the front of the journal, letting the texture paste help to gather the colour.
I started off with the lightest colour of the sprays, working my way up to the rust coloured spray. I also took the lid off the sprays and splattered some of the colour on the book to give a distressed and grunge type of feel.
After the sprays had dried, it was time to add embellishments and some micro beads for further texture. I laid out my embellishments in a way I liked then used hot glue to adhere them to the cover.
I got out the Mod Podge once again and a tiny paint brush to add the micro beads in coordinating colours. I stamped the word "art" with black StazOn, on some paper and adhered it to the frame. I then added some white thread under the resin frame for some fun and whimsy, and also added my chipboard number plate and metals as well to finish this part of the journal off.
I hope you have enjoyed my project today, I am pretty happy with the outcome. Now it can be ready for my next art journal page inspiration!
Other Items Used
Art Script Stamp
Resin Frame
Prima Resin Pieces
Petaloo Flowers
Turquoise Butterfly, Chipboard Number, Copper Micro Beads From my Stash
White Thread