Saturday 18 June 2016

Altered Paint Brush Shabby is Chic Boutique DT Project

Good morning friends! Kim here today to share with you my shabby altered paint brush, made with lots of gorgeous goodies from Shabby is Chic Boutique Store on Facebook.
 
 
 I started this brush off with a coat of gesso all over then got out some Prima Art Alchemy Paints. These paints have lots of shimmer to them so they are perfect for any shabby project.
 
 
 I used lots of muted tones to go with my SCB laces, trims and bling.
 

 
 Next, I used my script stamp, also from Prima, and some black StazOn Ink, and stamped all over the brush. Then it was time to start layering on my lovely laces and trims from SCB.
 
 
I used a wooden wing from Fernli Designs and some resin pieces, along with the gorgeous pink tulle trim from Shabby is Chic Boutique. I added an SCB button and tiny doily to the top of the brush to add interest.
 

Below here you can see I used lots of pink laces and trims the brush. Some flowers and SCB bling added some sparkle to the piece.
 


I used more of the Art Alchemy paints once I had layered on the laces, and embellishments to make them look like they had been splattered in paint. A final touch was some Prima Art Stones to add dimension to the brush.
 
 
I hope you will try some mixed media with your items from Shabby is Chic Boutique, its the best of both worlds!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today, and please check out Shabby is Chic Boutique on Facebook.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment