Wednesday 13 July 2016

Fairy Pennant Banner featuring Chipboard by Southern Ridge Trading Company

Hello friends, I have been super busy in my studio, and I will be sharing lots of projects coming up in the next few weeks. Today, I have created a fun and shabby pennant banner for a dear friend of mine. It is all about pink and fairies!
I am featuring some chipboard today from Southern Ridge Trading Company located here in Canada.
 
 
I started this pennant out by cutting a piece of chipboard at 8 x 5 inches, and covered it with some pretty Kaisercraft paper.  Once it was covered in paper, I layered on some lovely laces from Lavish Laces on Etsy. 

 
Once I was happy with the laces and trims, I got out some chipboard from Sothern Ridge Trading Company. I used the Flourish hair fairy which I just love she is so gorgeous!  I also used the word Imagine from the Word Mix 1 set.  I put gesso all over the chipboard and then gave them a light coat of some Prima Art Alchemy paint in Rose Gold colour. After the paint was dry, I used some Frantage Shabby Pink embossing powder on both pieces and finally, edged them with a Prima pink chalk edger go give them dimension.

 
For the fairy, I wanted her to be more dimensional, so I used one of the butterfly from the Butterfly Mix and cut off one of the wings and propped it up on the fairy with some glue. Behind the wing, I added some soft white feathers and that finished her off nicely.
 
 
 
 
I added a glad bobble to the fairies hand, which I coloured with pink alcohol ink. I also placed a white rosette beside her with some pearls and ribbon roses in the middle.
 
 
 
I added some gorgeous Prima flowers to the top and also some of the lovely IOD moulds from Prima which I gave a similar paint treatment as the chipboard, to keep everything similar. 
 
 
At the base of the pennant I added some butterfly appliques from my stash, which I sprayed with a dusty rose colour of spray. I then added some feathers behind them and topped it off with another pretty Prima flower.
 


 

 

 
 I hope you like my project today, and please check out Southern Ridge Trading Company! They are a Canadian chipboard company, and that is great for us crafty Canucks!
 
Product List
Prima Art Alchemy Paint, Rose Gold
Lace from Lavish Laces on Etsy
Paper from Kaisercraft
Prima IOD Moulds and Clay
Gesso
Maribou Feathers
Prima Flowers
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment