Friday 9 September 2016

Papillion Mixed Media Canvas Joggles Design Team Project

 
 
Hello friends, I am very excited to share with you my next design team project for Joggles. This mixed media canvas is so easy and simple to do! I hope you will join along with me and create one for yourself!
 
 
 
Here is a list of products you will need to complete this project.
Prima IOD Pastels
Art Basics Soft Matte Gel
The Best Glue Ever by ScraPerfect
Transfer Foils In Your Favorite Colours
Your Favorite Laces
Water Brush or Your Fingers
Water
 
So, lets get started. I used one of the Windsor & Newton 8 x 10 canvas' that Joggles sells. I started off with some of the gorgeous Prima IOD pastels and just randomly rubbed a lovely taupe and light blue colour from the pack all over the canvas. I then used my fingers (Or you can use a water brush) and wet them and rubbed the colours into the background of the canvas, including the sides as well.


 
Next, I used one of Margaret Applin's Stamps, Vintage Correspondance, and some scrap paper from my stash. I gave the paper the same treatment as the cavas with the same  colours of watercolour pastels. Then, using some black StaZon Ink, I stamped all over the paper. I also wet the edges of the paper and rolled up the sides to give it a worn and distressed look.
 

 
You can see how lovely this stamp is!
 
 
 
I used one of my favorite collage pages from Joggles, Papillion II, and cut out three of the butterfly images in colours I wanted to use.
 





I glued the butterfly images down the centre of the paper. Next, I used one of the Christine Adolph rub ons. I followed the package directions to adhere the rub ons I wanted to the paper, making sure not to cover up my butterfly images. I chose a lovely flower and the word Believe for this piece.
 



When you place your foils on top of the adhesive from the rub ons, gently use the popsicle stick, which is included in the package, and rub your foils down. Its so simple and gives such a lovely look. I chose a black foil for the word, and copper foil for the flowers.
 

 
 
Now it was time to put the paper down on the canvas. I used the Prima soft matte gel from the Art Basics line. I was careful not to put much of the glue around the edges as I wanted to tuck some laces around the edges to give a further worn and tattered look.


 


Once I had the paper glued down to the canvas, I decided it needed just a little more foiling. I used some glue from my stash, its called The Best Glue Ever, and this stuff dries tacky, and is perfect for foiling. I just put it in random spots then went over them with the foils when it was tacky. 
 




That is basically it. The whole project took me about an hour or so. It is a simple and easy project to add to your home décor.
 

 
 
I hope you have found some inspiration here today, and will check out all the great items in the Joggles store!
Have a great day!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment