Wednesday 26 October 2016

Vintage Inspired Notepad For Under A Fiver! ScraPerfect DT Project

Good morning friends, I have a quick and easy project to share with you today for ScraPerfect.
 
 
I love to make gifts for friends, and this one is super easy and quick to make and under a fiver, thanks to the Best Glue Ever! 
I began with a notepad I got from Michaels out of the $1.50 bin, now that is a bargain! 
 
 
The notepad had a cardboard front on it with a pattern, but I wanted to alter it and make it as a gift, and even though it cost under a fiver to make, it looks like a millon bucks when you are done.

 
I decided to cover the patterned front of the notepad with some lovely vintage inspired paper from my stash. I punched holes in the top of the paper so it would line up with the wire binding on the pad. I also designed a digital image of a vintage lady, colorized her, added some roses to her hat and corner of the photo and some script to really make it feel vintage. I used The Best Glue ever here as well to glue her down. I love that this glue dries so flat, and my printed images do not ripple at all when I use this glue.

 
I of course used The Best Glue Ever for sticking down the papers on the front and back. I love this stuff, and if you are like me and always glue things on crooked, then fear not, Best Glue Ever to the rescue!  It is repositionable! Yes, once the glue dries to a tacky feel, you can then stick it down on your project and then if it is crooked, lift it and reposition it. To me this is Heaven sent, I am forever getting my paper on crooked.
 

 

 
Now its time to start decorating my little note book. I used up all scraps of laces and trims from my stash. See? I told you it would be under $5 bucks to make!
 
 
I even used some left over morning coffee to dye my laces, so I wasn't even using up my expensive sprays in my stash. 

 
I also covered the back and used more left over laces and trims. The brown trim at the bottom is a cut up old doily I had in my stash, it makes great trim for the bottom of things.
 
Once again, here is my finished project.

 
So here is the break down for under $5 dollars.
Notepad from Michaels -  $1.50
Scrap laces from my stash - $1.00
Left over morning coffee - Free
Digital image I created - Free
 
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you will check out the ScraPerfect store for all the great goodies they have in stock and check out the ScraPerfect Blog as well for lots of great inspiration from the Design Team.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment