Wednesday 2 November 2016

"#63 Snowflake Lane" Altered Paper Mache House

Welcome to #63 Snowflake Lane!  We are so happy you can stop over for a visit and sit for a while by our cozy fire. So pull up a seat, grab a mug of hot chocolate and let me show you around!
 
 
I am so happy with this little house, it was given to me a few years back by a dear friend, Mary TheCraftHoarder.  You can find her blog HERE, she is a talented lady, so please do check her out!

 
This is a paper mache house that I believe she got at Hobby Lobby all those years ago. Two years ago, I papered the house, and then, well, nothing! It sat in my studio all this time and I was finally inspired to finish it off.
 
 
I used a combination of Bo Bunny, and Kaisercraft paper to decorate the inside and outside of the house. My original idea was to create a warm and cozy little house, that I could admire for many years to come.

 
Doesn't the entrance look inviting? I love the wintery feel that was achieved by using lots of the Martha Stewart Sparkle paste. I love this stuff, its amazing, I need a large bucket of it for many more projects to come!!

 
I used a green pipe cleaner for the little wreath that surrounds the house number, curtesy of Tim Holtz.

 
For the roof, I added more of the sparkle paste, and some frosted holly leaves, berries and soft white ribbon with a very tiny light blue star for fun.


I used lots of pearl dangle trim to mimic icicles all around the house and around the chimney too.
 



 
Bottle brush trees in winter white flank the front entrance topped with more of the tiny blue stars for a festive feel.
 
 
Now it is time to peek inside! The dark wallpaper in a Nordic pattern, plays nicely off the soft white furnishings, which are curtesy of Prima Marketing.

 
 
 
A lovely white resin frame surrounds a vintage photo of a well loved ancestor. Vintage laces also make for great lacy curtains too!
 
 
The Christmas tree has pride of place right beside the fireplace hearth.
 
 
 
 
 

 
Some dear Ancestors hang above the fireplace mantle.
 
 
 
A warm and cozy rug, a.k.a, a vintage wool doily, makes for a warm floor as you warm your feet by the fire.

 
A battery operated tea light makes for the perfect Christmas glow.

 
 
 

 
 The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.....
 
 
We are all ready to wait for Santa's arrival. As you peek thru the window, you will see the glow of the firelight.
 
 

 
 
And here we are back at the front door of #63 Snowflake Lane, awaiting Santa's arrival!
 
 
 
I hope you have found some inspiration here today! These houses are so much fun to create.
 
I have been following along with the live tutorials on YouTube by Mai Larsen, as she created her houses, and that inspired me to finally finish mine after all this time.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
 

 

 

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment