Friday 4 November 2016

Starry Christmas Ornaments For Joggles Design Team

 
Good morning Joggles fans! Kim here today to share with you a fun Holiday inspired project featuring Sticky Snippets!
 
 
 
Here is a list of items you will need for this project:
 
 
Here is a list of items you will need for this project:
Prima Bloom Spray Turquoise, Peony and Cotton Candy
Light Patina
Rose Gold
Ancient Gold
Aqua Rose
Pink Blue
Vintage Pink
Blue Gold
Paper Mache Stars
Digital Images
Martha Stewart Glitter
Glue
Trims from your Stash
 

 Now its time to play with our Sticky Snippets! I layered on the sprays, drying each layer in between until I was happy with how it looked.

 
I used the Distress Spray in Pewter to do a cross hatch effect on the Sticky Snippets.


 Here is a close up! I also did a page of the stars in some pink tones, but my camera for some reason didn't save those photos, but it is the same technique I did on the blue Sticky Snippets.


 
Now, its time to paint your stars. I used a couple of coats of the paints to give a lovely shimmer.
 

 

 After the paint dries, place your images on the stars and cut them to the shape.

 
Now it is time to Mod Podge the images down, giving them a nice even coat.

 

 
I also went around the edges of the stars with the Mod Podge and added some Martha Stewart Glitter to the edges.

 
Once the front was dry, it was time to take our Sticky Snippets and add them to the back. I love these, as each star comes out completely different!

 
Once I was happy with the placement of the stars, I gave them a coat of Mod Podge to ensure an extra strong hold that is sure to last for many Christmases to come.
 

 
Remember to cut some of your stars in half to make them look like they are falling off the edge of the star.




 Here are the finished stars, all decorated up and ready for my tree! 

 
I did decide once I had put the Sticky Snippet Stars on the back that they needed a little more sparkle, so I added another coat of Mod Podge and sprinkled more of the Martha Stewart Glitter on while it was wet. The result is some lovely sparkly stars!



 
I hope you will give this project a try, these Sticky Snippets are just great for the holiday season, they come in so many shapes and sizes.
 
Please stop by the Joggles store for more info about the products I have used here today.
Thanks for stopping by!

 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment