Friday 9 December 2016

Frosty Noel for ScraPerfect DT

 
Hello ScraPerfect fans, Kim here today with my next DT project.  This time I have created a fun and frosty Noel project using some wooden blocks I picked up at the Dollar store.
 
 
I started off painted my blocks white with some white chalk paint.
 
 
Step two is to paint the letters so they stand out, I used some blue chalk paint for this.
 
 
I wanted to add some sparkle to my letters, so I used some plastic snowflakes, yes also from the Dollar store. I removed the silver thread hanger from them as I was going to attach them to the backs of the blocks.

 
Now its time for the Best Glue Ever!


I use a long handled paint brush and take the cap off the glue, and paint a light coat of glue all over the snowflakes.
 

 
I let the glue dry and bit and get tacky, then I sprinkled some Martha Stewart glitter all over the snowflake. I choose a lovely light blue sparkle to pick up on the colour of the letters on the blocks.
 
 
Once the glitter was set, I glued the snowflake to the backs of the blocks.
 
Now it was time to do some embossing. I used the Perfect Crafting Pouch to help me with this!
The Perfect Crafting Pouch is ANTI-STATIC BAG for glitter & embossing powders.
 
 
I used it around the blue letter, to keep the embossing powder off of the white part of the block, it worked great!
 
 
I added a few flowers to the tops of the blocks as well.
 
 
I added some blue seam binding and a bit of bling for more sparkle.
 

 
I love how this project came out, and to think it was under $3.00 to make! Simple and easy Christmas décor!
 

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today, and please check out the ScraPerfect store for the products I used and lots more amazing items!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment