Thursday 16 February 2017

Shabby Pin Cushion Fernli Designs

 
Hello Fernli Designs Fans! Kim here with a new DT project. This time I have altered the Bauble Gift Box and made it into an altered pin cushion.
 

 
I painted the box in my favorite colour and added some of the gorgeous Kaisercraft paper from my stash. I then used some Prima Art Alchemy paint in Rose Gold and went over all the sides and inside the lid to give the box a lovely shimmer.
 

 
 
Once the paint was dry, I used some quilt batting on the top of the lid and some white muslin over top of that to give a nice pillowy top to use as the pin cushion.
 

I used some of my favorite trims from my stash around the edges of the lid to give it a shabby look.
 


 
 
 
After I was happy with the trims on the box, now it is time to alter some pins. I used these tiny little hearts from Fernli and glued them to the tops of the pins.

 
I painted the hearts white and then sprinkled them with some white glitter. I added some pearls and bead spacers from my stash to finish off the pins.
 
 
 
 
I added a glitterly butterfly to the side of the box and more appliques, laces and trims to make it look shabby chic.
 
 
 
 
I hope you will get one of these  Bauble/Gift boxes and give this a try for yourself.
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today and please check out all the great items Fernli Designs has in their shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment